I received a wonderful gift for Christmas: a custom-made beading table!
My hubby made this after watching me drop beads and magnetic clasps between the sofa sections on many an evening as we watched TV. (There's still a silverplated magnetic clasp in there somewhere, probably stuck to the metal recliner mechanism.) It's just right! It has:
- a removable, Scotchgarded light blue felt pad to hold beads in place and show them up better in dim lighting
- two cubbies below for supplies
- slots to hold tools at the back of the workspace
- a nice height for me when I'm seated on the couch, and
- casters for wheeling around the house.
If necessary I can plug in my magnifying lamp and set it on the work surface.